Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday Dinner

So it was my birthday the other day, thank you to EVERYONE FOR FORGETTING.

Just kidding, my birthday's not until January. But did some of you (one of the two of you) freak out for a second?? Yeah you did.

Anyway, no it was Kendall's birthday yesterday, but today Isabel and Luis threw her a party. We had cake, sweet potatoes, panellets and a little champagne. After taking a few pictures, Isabel showed us old family photos in an album. She used to be a brunette and Luis used to have so much hair! It's really cool getting to spend time like that with older generations, especially since I've never been close to my grandparents. I hope I can keep up some kind of connection with them. Luis is big into Skype (I've met a couple girls they housed in previous years through it), so I think it's an attainable goal.

Yesterday was also Halloween. It's not really celebrated over here, and for most of the day I forgot that kids went door to door asking for candy. What a sweet holiday, no pun intended. I kind of miss it. Like I've never been SUPER CRAZY INTO HALLOWEEN, but still. Candy, scary movies, costumes, cute little kids, pumpkins? Dude. Great day. Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend! We had today off, so tomorrow it's back to ye olde grind.
Later, dudes

1 comment:

  1. hey hey hey I watched a Spanish, yes, from Spain(!), scary movie on Halloween...you should definitely watch it. It won a bundle of awards and was phenomenal. It's called El Orfanato. Heard of it? (You probably have, I never show you anything new!) But if you haven't seen it, watch it as a late-Halloween activity. :) You'd like it.

    Love you Aidy.

    ReplyDelete